Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Quarterback Craig Grant Jr. signs with Savannah State

SAVANNAH, Georgia -- Colleton County High School Cougar football quarterback Craig Grant Jr. will continue his career at Savannah State University in the NCAA Division I Championship Subdivision in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC). Grant hopes to contribute early on for the Tigers at quarterback.

As a four-year varsity starter, Grant will hold multiple records in the history book for Colleton County. He finished his high school career with a record of 5,325 passing yards and 52 touchdowns.

In addition, he holds the record for: Most Touchdown Passes in One Game (six vs. Beaufort High School), Most Touchdowns in a Season (CCHS, 40 touchdowns), Most Passing Touchdowns in a Season (CCHS, 28 touchdowns), Most Passing Yards in a Single Season (CCHS, 2,952 yards), Most Passing Yards in a Single Game (CCHS, 472 yards vs. Beaufort) and Most Individual Total Yards in a Single Season (CCHS, 3,600 total passing and rushing yards).

“Savannah State felt like home,” said Grant. “Everyone just gave me a good feeling while I was visiting the campus. I would like to thank my parents, my family, close friends, coaches and church members for supporting me.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: