Friday, June 15, 2018

Why Florida transfer Kalif Jackson chose Grambling State

GRAMBLING, Louisiana -- I want to cause problems in the SWAC.”

Standing 6-foot-4 at a healthy 243 pounds, Kalif Jackson knows he’s uncoverable by opposing linebackers and defensive backs in the SWAC. He was beating SEC linebackers off the line and was too big and strong for corners and safeties at Florida, which wanted him and earned his signature in 2015.

MORE | Grambling signs Florida tight end transfer

A former three-star wide receiver out of Duncan Fletcher High School in Jacksonville, Jackson is a mismatch nightmares for defensive coordinators. And that’s why Grambling State needed him and earned his signature in 2018. The school announced the Florida transfer’s signing Tuesday afternoon.

“I can block, but there’s not going to be a linebacker that can cover me,” Jackson told The News-Star Friday. “And I’m too big for safeties and DBs. I played wide receiver growing up. When I got to Florida, I played receiver. I know the nuances of running routes and I was beating DBs at Florida and some of those guys are now playing in the NFL. If I come in with the right mindset, I won’t be stopped.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: