Tuesday, August 7, 2012

HU's Kellie Wells wins bronze in 100-meter hurdles



LONDON - Kellie Wells gained the redemption she's been seeking for four years. It took her only 12.48 seconds to get it.

After having to be carried off the track in 2008 after suffering a hamstring injury at the trials, Wells rebounded in 2012 to earn Olympic bronze, claiming third in the 100-meter hurdles Tuesday in 12.48 seconds.

Australia's Sally Pearson, who was the favorite entering Tuesday's final, claiming the gold medal with a wire-to-wire win in 12.35 seconds, an Olympic record.  American Dawn Harper, who won gold in the event in 2008, earned silver in 12.37 seconds. U.S. teammate Lolo Jones placed fourth in 12.58.

"I had a long wait for this but it was definitely worth every day of it," Wells said. "I've had my great moments; I've had some tough times, too. It's made me a better athlete and a better person. An Olympic medal caps it all."



READ MORE

No comments: