Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Finally, Harvey gets his big shot at FAMU

TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The last three football seasons have been difficult for receiver Travis Harvey on the FAMU campus. He always had some explaining to do.

“Everybody knew I played football but when the game came I wasn’t playing,” he said. “To say I was ineligible was hard because I’m not a dumb person. I wasn’t as focused as I needed to be.”

After taking a redshirt in his first season as a walk-on from Inglewood, Calif., Harvey came up ineligible for the next two seasons. Last season, he started a turnaround and ended up in four games.

He showed enough to restore FAMU coach Joe Taylor’s faith in him. A strong spring solidified him as the replacement for Brian Tyms.

At 6-foot-2 and 185 pounds, he’s shown ...

READ MORE

No comments: