Thursday, August 30, 2012

From walk-on to dynamic running back, Carter enters final season at Morehouse


MARIETTA, Georgia - Talented athletes with a strong work ethic tend to get noticed. That wasn’t the case for David Carter.

Lightly regarded coming out of Sprayberry High School, the running back had to walk on to the football team at Division II Morehouse College — despite rushing for more than 3,000 yards during his career as a Yellow Jacket. To imply that Carter had something to prove to all of the programs that overlooked him would be an understatement.




“I definitely had something to prove,” he said about not being recruited, “and I’m thankful Morehouse gave me the chance to play football and extend my career.

“When I got here, my goal was to work hard to make the travel bus. But, to get the starting job was even better. I’ve worked as hard as I could since then to hold onto it and help my team win.”

Carter has completely changed his fortunes at Morehouse since walking on to the Maroon Tigers’ roster. In rushing for more than 1,000 yards as a freshman, he quickly earned a scholarship at the conclusion of the season.

READ MORE

No comments: