Sunday, September 2, 2012

Morgan State wins, 30-27, over Sacred Heart in 4th OT

BALTIMORE, Maryland - Standing on the Morgan State sideline, running back Travis Davidson couldn't bring himself to watch Sacred Heart's Chris Rogers attempt the game-winning field goal in the third overtime of Saturday's season opener.

"I'm very superstitious," Davidson said. "I feel like when I watch the game, bad stuff happens, so I had my head down."

It didn't take long for the senior to snap back to attention, as teammate Lamar Bynum broke through the line to block the low kick. Minutes later, the Bears' Ervin Gonzalez lined up on the left hash mark and nailed a 20-yarder of his own, giving host Morgan State a 30-27 win in four overtimes, marking the longest game in school history.

The sequence was an appropriate end for a game that saw seven lead changes and enough emotional swings to last the better part of a season.

READ MORE

No comments: