Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Alabama A&M football: Matchup excites Dejarnett

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama  -  Mention Texas Southern to Alabama A&M wide receiver Reshaad DeJarnett and a smile quickly emerges.

"Texas Southern excites me," DeJarnett said. "I got my first touchdown against them."

DeJarnett, a sophomore from Elmore County High School in Eclectic, had a 70-yard catch and run for a touchdown to help the Bulldogs down the Tigers 24-21 last year at Louis Crews Stadium before a national audience on ESPNU.



I had to redeem myself," DeJarnett said afterward.

Before DeJarnett scored, he fumbled a punt that helped set up the Tigers' go-ahead touchdown with just under five minutes remaining. When he got back to the bench, A&M coach Anthony Jones was there to encourage him.

"Coach said keep your head in the game," said DeJarnett, who hadn't caught a pass that night before taking Mason's screen to the house. "You can get it back."

READ MORE

No comments: