Wednesday, September 12, 2012

UAB transfer plugs the middle for ASU Hornets: Jackson named SWAC Newcomer of the Week

MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Defensive tackle Micky Jackson has a different set of priorities in his first season at Alabama State.

“I’m trying to make A’s and B’s,” he said, “because at UAB I really never did anything like that. I really focus more on school because football’s going to come (naturally).”

Athletics came naturally for the all-state lineman from Piedmont High, who recorded 17 tackles in 11 games for the Blazers as a true freshman in 2011. Academics, on the other hand, were “too tough.”

A losing season and a decision to fire head coach Neil Callaway and his staff were probably factors in Jackson’s decision to leave as well.

“I just wanted to play,” he said of his decision to sign with the Blazers out of high school. “It wasn’t my best option but I felt ...

READ MORE

No comments: