Here is the list of today's signees with Coach Pennington's remarks and video on each:
* Leon Lowery / 6'2" 285 / Offensive Line / Terry Sanford High School / Fayetteville, NC
Lowery was a standout performer, earning 1st team All-Conference Conference, 1st team All 757 as a junior for Kecoughtan High School. During his senior year at Terry Sanford, Lowery earned 2nd team All Cape Fear Valley and 2nd Team All Region. He plans on studying Business Administration or Sports Management.
* Tyrell Barnes /6'3" 200 / Outside Linebacker / Wilde Lake High School / Columbia, MD
Tyrell Barnes is a long, athletic linebacker from Maryland. Barnes is an exciting prospect for the Yellow Jackets. Barnes recorded 154 tackles as a senior. He was first team All-County and also named Howard County's defensive player of the year. Barnes plans on majoring in Civil Engineering.
* Jared Rapp / 6'1" 235 / Linebacker / Hilliard Bradley High School / Columbus, OH
Rapp is a top linebacker prospect coming out of Ohio. He tallied 96 tackles, 1 interception, and 1.5 sacks. Rapp was named first team All-Conference and second team All-District. Rapp plans on pursuing a degree in Criminal justice.
* Adrian McGill / 6'2" 180 / Defensive Back / Heritage High School / Lynchburg, VA
McGill was a key member of the Heritage football team. Adrian helped lead his team to a playoff appearance this past fall. He earned second team All-Region and earned District honors as well. McGill plans on majoring in Business Management.
* Marcus Taite / 5'10" 205 / Outside Linebacker / Phoebus High School / Hampton, VA
Taite is an explosive linebacker coming to State from Hampton, Virginia. He excels both on and off the field. He was named first team All-State defensive lineman. He was also nominated for Buffalo Wild Wings player of the week. Marcus plans on pursuing a degree in Sociology.
* Aaron Fitzwater / 6'4" 225 / Defensive Lineman / Woodgrove High School / Purcellville, VA
An All-State and All-Region defensive lineman, Fitzwater is a talented player from Virginia. Fitzwater helped lead his team to an 11-1 record and a playoff-berth. Aaron plans to pursue a degree in Business Management.
* Jaevynn Holmes-Reid / 5'11" 183 / Outside Linebacker / Bethel High School / Hampton, VA
Holmes-Reid comes to Institute from Hampton, Virginia. Reid is a hard hitting linebacker who earned first team All-Conference honors, All-Region, and was a participant in the 757 All-Star Classic game. He was also a member of the National Honor Society. Jaevynn plans on pursing a degree in communications.
* Dylan Lucas / 5'10" 180 / Running Back / Buffalo High School / Buffalo, WV
Lucas was a standout for Buffalo as a senior. He helped lead Buffalo to a playoff appearance. Lucas is a Curt Warner Award winner and also led the state in rushing. He was named first team All-State as a senior. Lucas plans to pursue a degree in Sports Studies.
* Dant'e Jones / 6'1" 217 / Linebacker / Rustburg High School / Rustburg, VA
Jones is an athletic freak bringing his talents to Institute. The Rustburg native earned All-State, All-Region, and All-Area. He is a Titan award winner and was named Seminole District offensive player of the year. Jones plans on pursing a degree in communications.
* Aaron McKenzie / 6'2" 205 / Linebacker / Fairfield High School / Fairfield, OH
McKenzie is a talented linebacker out of Fairfield, Ohio. Aaron earned first team All-Conference as a senior. He also received Southwest Ohio honor. McKenzie plans on pursing a degree in Criminal Justice.
* Desmond Trogdon / 5'11" 185 / Running Back / Asheboro High School / Asheboro, NC
Trogdon is a speedy back from Asheboro High School in North Carolina. His track times in high school show him being one of the fastest players joining the yellow jackets this year. He should develop into a top all around back with the Yellow Jackets.
* Matthew Lindmark / 6'3" 255 / Offensive Line / Hurricane High School / Hurricane, WV
Lindmark was a standout offensive lineman for the nearby Hurricane Redskins. He brings his big frame to Institute to dominate opposing defenders. He was named offensive lineman MVP for the Redskins.
* Anthony Burlingame / 6'1" 215 / Quarterback / Panther Creek High School / Cary, NC
Burlingame is an exciting dual threat quarterback from Cary, NC. As a senior, Burlingame was voted as Offensive Player of the year for Panther Creek. Anthony plans on pursuing a degree in Business Administration.
* Moises Valcarcel / 6'2" 200 / Outside Linebacker / American River College / Carmichael, CA
Moises is a hybrid outside linebacker/safety that can come downhill and make dynamic plays from American River College in California. With losses at safety this year from graduation, look for him to come in and make an immediate impact. The addition of an older player to a young core should help develop the defensive backs into a strong group.
* Brody Thomas / 5'10" 215/ Fullback / Herbert Hoover High School / Charleston, WV
Thomas is a local product from Herbert Hoover High School. He excelled in the Kanawha Valley, earning first team All-Kanawha Valley two years straight. He also earned first team All-State two consecutive years in a row. He amassed over 3,000 career rushing yards and 34 touchdowns in his high school career. Thomas plans on pursing a degree in Phycology.
* Donnovan Campbell / 6'1" 255 / Defensive Lineman / Ledford High School / Thomasville, NC
Campbell was a standout defensive lineman at Ledford High School. Campbell earned All-Conference Honors as a junior and Senior. He was also a recipient of the Golden Helmet Award during his senior campaign. Campbell plans to pursue a degree in nursing.
* Nate Parrish /5'10" 265 / Defensive Lineman / South Charleston High School / Charleston, WV
Parrish is a local, athletic defensive lineman from South Charleston High School. Parrish excelled on and off the field. He earned All-Conference honors during his tenure at South Charleston. He plans on pursing a degree in Business Administration.
* Kyle Jaskulske / 6'3" 255 / Offensive Line / Yuba JC / Denton, TX
Jaskulske is a nasty offensive lineman coming from Yuba Junior College. Kyle was named first team All-Conference this past season. He also played in two state championships in high school.