Friday, July 8, 2016

Douglas County alum Johnson prepares for sophomore season at FAMU

HIRAM, Georgia -- Following a solid freshman season at Florida A&M, Douglas County graduate and point guard K’Ja Johnson is aiming to add to that success during his sophomore campaign.

Last season in 24 games, Johnson averaged 28 minutes of playing time, eight points, three assists, three rebounds and one steal for the 8-21 Rattlers of Tallahassee, Fla.



“My freshman year was terrific — I liked it,” Johnson said. “The campus was great. The people there were friendly and supportive. Basketball-wise it was fantastic. We didn’t have the season we thought we would have but we bonded as a team.

“We bonded with our coaches and community,” Johnson said. “We did a lot of community service. My freshman year was pretty much a success. I got a lot of playing time. A lot of freshmen don’t do that around the country at D-I colleges. I was very proud of that accomplishment and I’m just ready for next season.”

To prepare for the 2016-17 campaign, Johnson is spending some of his time at the gym at Jesse Davis Park.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: