Sunday, July 14, 2013

Jackson State Sprint ace Jobodwana eager to improve

Anaso Jobodwana
(Photo Courtesy JSU Athletics)
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa  –  Having stamped his authority as South Africa's fastest man, lanky sprint prodigy Anaso Jobodwana is heading back to the drawing board in an effort to tweak his approach and write himself into the record books.
 
Jobodwana, who turns 21 at the end of this month, grabbed a magnificent sprint double at the World Student Games in Kazan, Russia, this week, but the SA 100m and 200m marks continued to elude him by the narrowest of margins.
 
While he had his sights set on another solid performance at the IAAF World Championships in Moscow next month, Jobodwana was reluctant to admit he had the national records in his sights, insisting his only goal was to continue his steady improvement.
 
“I'm just aiming to get my personal bests, so I guess that translates to national records,” Jobodwana said.
 
“I haven't really made any plans yet, so I'll go back to the drawing board and see what I need to work on and take it from there.”
 

No comments: