Friday, January 1, 2016

Madison Prep linebacker Cedric Triplett commits to Southern

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana -- Madison Prep linebacker Cedric Triplett didn’t recognize the number calling his cell phone when he was out with friends.

Triplett took a chance and answered and found out Southern University coach Dawson Odums was ready to take a chance on him.

Odums called to offer the 6-foot-2, 220-pound senior a scholarship. And Triplett committed to the Jaguars.

“At first I thought somebody was joking with me,” Triplett said. “Then I realized it was coach Odums. I’d met him and talked to him before.

“I was surprised he called. … I didn’t expect it. Southern is a school I’ve grown up watching. I’ve gone to homecoming and other games. So I committed.”

Triplett was a second-team All-District 6-2A choice. He finished with 88 tackles and helped the Chargers finish with an 11-1 record.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: