Saturday, February 23, 2008

Atkins is off to good start for Alabama A&M Bulldogs

AAMU QB does well on first dayof spring practice

Kevin Atkins jogged off the field smiling.

A rising sophomore on the Alabama A&M football team, Atkins is the heir apparent to quarterback Kelcy Luke. After Friday's first day of spring practice, all seemed right in Atkins' world. "It went pretty good," said the 6-0, 213-pounder out of Durham, N.C. "I've got to prove to my teammates and my coaches I can lead this team and be the starter. I don't want to get too comfortable or too relaxed.

"I'm going to stay hungry every day and try to get better."

Atkins and Jared Loftin will battle for the starting job this spring. While Atkins played in five games, Loftin, a redshirt sophomore from Troy, has yet to play in a college football game.

CONTINUE READING THIS ARTICLE BY CLICKING ON THE BLOG TITLE.

No comments: