Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dismissal unjust, ex-SCSU player says

Photo: SCSU 6-7/215 junior forward David Cobb from Brooklyn,NY/Our Savior Lutheran HS/(SUNY Delhi).

David Cobb is no longer a member of the South Carolina State men's basketball team. That didn't stop the 6-7 junior forward from speaking to The Times and Democrat newspaper (T&D) on Tuesday about his dismissal from the Bulldogs by first-year head coach Tim Carter.

"I decided to go public because I don't want this to continue to go on," Cobb said. "When they dismissed me from the team, it was just get dismissed and just try to finish out your year and go somewhere else. But it's more than that. You're hurting my future by taking away Division I basketball.

Cobb said he was booted from the team primarily because he expressed his feelings. "I think that's wrong. I feel like I should be able to express how I feel to a coach."

CONTINUE READING THIS STORY BY CLICKING ON THE BLOG TITLE.

No comments: