Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Alabama State's Coach Barlow says NFL can wait

Photo: Coach Reggie Barlow interviewed for Denver Broncos receivers coaching postion on Monday in Denver.

Reggie Barlow said Tuesday that he expects to return as Alabama State's head coach next season and will not accept a possible job offer from the Denver Broncos. Barlow spent Monday in Denver interviewing with head coach Mike Shanahan for a job as the Broncos' receivers coach, but said Tuesday that he didn't think now was the best time to make the jump to the NFL.

"Do I ultimately want to coach in the NFL? Yes," Barlow said. "But I just don't think right now is the time for that. I've brought in some good coaches here, and I sat in a lot of living rooms and made promises to kids. It's a very, very tough decision. But I think I'm content here at Bama State. That's what I told my wife. That's what I've told (ASU officials)."

CONTINUE READING THIS STORY BY CLICKING ON THE BLOG TITLE.

No comments: