Saturday, October 24, 2015

Rematch vs Bowie State 'means a lot for everybody' on Virginia Union roster

RICHMOND, Virginia -- Virginia Union quarterback Shawheem Dowdy still remembers the play that ended his 2014 season.

It was exactly one year and a day ago - Virginia Union was hosting Bowie State at Hovey Field.

The Panthers ran a screen-play, “and the D-end jumped up the field, he played the screen,” Dowdy recalls, “so I stepped up in the pocket and took off and they grabbed me when I was trying to make it to the ground. My body went one way and my knee went the other way and I heard a pop in my knee.”

Not only was it his knee, he fractured his ankle on that same play. Dowdy had taken over for the starter at the time, Kenneth Graham, who had also been injured earlier in the game.

Virginia Union at Bowie State
Time: 1 p.m.
Radio: WFTH (1590)
Records: Virginia Union (6-1, 4-0 CIAA); Bowie State (6-1, 4-0)

CONTINUE READING

No comments: