Saturday, December 22, 2012

Northview's Brown committs to Prairie View A&M

DOTHAN, Alabama  --  Northview outside linebacker Trey Brown committed to play college ball late Thursday night to Prairie View A&M, a Southwest Athletic Conference (SWAC) member in Texas.

This past year, Brown recorded 85 tackles (8.5 a game) with three quarterback sacks, helping Northview to a 5-5 record. The 85 tackles were second best for LaBrian Stewart’s Cougars.

“They came all the way from Texas to Dothan, Al., to recruit me and that made me feel good,” Brown said. “They have a good coaching staff and I felt it was the right fit for me.”

Brown said he had offers from Tuskegee, West Alabama, Miles College and Clark College and that Alabama State, Arkansas State and Georgia State also expressed interest in him, but had not made any offers.

This past season was only Brown’s second year at linebacker.

“I played running back up to my junior year, so I am more of an athlete on defense,” Brown said.

READ MORE

No comments: