Sunday, December 30, 2012

Tuskegee looking to compete at No. 3 UAH Sunday

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama  --  Tuskegee travels to UAH Sunday at 3 p.m.

But Golden Tigers' coach Leon Douglas isn't concerned with the outcome against the Chargers, win or lose, as much as he is about the effort his team puts forth, especially on the defensive end, in its last non-conference game of the regular season.

Tuskegee has played all but one of its games away from home this season while getting out to a 1-7 start. It'll be its second time matching up against the Chargers (7-1, 2-0 in the Gulf South Conference), ranked No. 3 in the nation in the latest NCAA Division II poll.

UAH bested the Golden Tigers 81-66 in a tournament down in Pensacola, Fla. back on November 23rd.

"I want them to compete, compete hard and play hard," Douglas said. "If I can get that, I'll know I'm basically where I want to be. Of course, if we win, that's always a positive but I want to see how they're going to compete and what level of intensity they're going to bring to the court."

READ MORE

No comments: