Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wetumpka's Riley among stars picked for classic

MONTGOMERY, Alabama — Officials with the new Raycom College Football All-Star Classic are still assembling their “Stars” and “Stripes” teams from invitations sent to players, but executive director Johnny Williams confirmed two of the invitations to the game went to Alabama State All-Americans Kejuan Riley and Terren Jones.

“I would feel guilty (not inviting local athletes to the game),” Williams said. “They were recommended to us and we hope to offer them an opportunity to go to the NFL.”

Both Riley and Jones, along with junior teammate Bobby Wenzig, were honored earlier in the week with their selection to the American Football Coaches Association All-America team. Both players acknowledged they had received invitations to play in the inaugural all-star game and planned to participate.

“The head man with the game called me and told me about it and said he was very interested in me playing in it,” Riley said. “I just thank God for it. I get another chance to play in front of my fans.”

Riley, a 6-foot-2, 208-pound senior who played at Wetumpka High, started for the past three seasons at ...

READ MORE

No comments: